Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Countdown

The fact that there are only 11 days until the Seattle Rock n Roll Marathon has me excited! Tomorrow is our "send-off" party, when we get all our plans for the weekend. I only have 4 days of work left and 1 long run left. It has been only 6 months, and I have gone from running only 6.2 miles to 23.....I am so proud of myself!

Some of the things I have learned on this journey:
-Running for 5 hours is fun, especially if you have someone to join you
-Stop and smell the roses....it isn't always about speed
-Periodically look down, you never know when you will hit a bump in the road!
-You can use a Red Vine to stir your electrolyte drink in a pinch
-Nothing tastes better after a run then pretzels and Mike n Ikes
-Portland isn't as big as I thought, especially when you are on your feet

1 comment:

Jen Feeny said...

You are going to do great! I can't believe how many people are running Seattle! I feel like all of blogland is running it! Good luck and HAVE FUN!