Friday, March 12, 2010

Damn Cancer

Our TEAM received some horrible news this week. The TEAM's honored teammate Hunter, lost his battle with cancer on Tuesday evening. I personally had more awful news that one of my honorary team members Luke has had his AML return. A family friend also had a co-worker lose her husband to leukemia.

The fact that anyone has to go through this is unacceptable. We need to take Cancer down, and we need to take it down NOW. Tomorrow I have a ten mile run scheduled with my team. I am not feeling 100% but as long as it is not harmful, I will be running all ten. Then on Sunday I will be running in the Shamrock Run 8K in Portland to benefit Doernbecher Children's Hospital.

I wouldn't normally say this, but it is how I am feeling today....and I apologize if I offend anyone.
Cancer....
You have taken too many people away from their loved ones. It is your time to be taken away. All I have to say to you, is Fuck You.