Saturday, February 13, 2010

New Skirt....(Warning, TMI may be involved!)

Yesterday my new skirts from Running Skirts came, check out their website here. I had found them through another blog I read. One was a camo print with a pink stripe up the side and the other was the "green" digi pattern. The digi pattern skirt gives a portion of the profits to military families, so I had to get that one :) Well on my team run today I decided to wear the camo skirt!

Well, first let me say I LOVE the skirt! It is super comfortable! What I was not used to was that usually my running skirts have shorts in them, these only have a panty. So my butt cheeks were a little chilly on my run. I was a little afraid that I would have a wardrobe malfunction and the skirt would flip up and basically be showing my underwear to the world, but I didn't. It did great.

About four miles into my run though I realized the mistake I had made this morning when I chose to wear a skirt that only had a panty in them. When Eric is gone, I have a tendency to keep the legs shaved. And sometimes the leg hairs get a little out of control. Now I will say that I did start with the warning at the top of TMI, so this is the second warning....anything from this point on is read at your own risk :) I was given the cruel nickname in high school of FC or FireCrotch  (because of my hair). Well I feel as though today I earned that nickname. I wish I had used the Glide stick and shaved my legs. My thighs were getting SO chaffed they were burning. By the time I was finished with my six miles I could hardly walk! It burned and felt like fire in between my legs.

So my lessons learned for the day, shave my legs before runs and use my Glide stick. It is a good thing CB still has some diaper rash cream, it seems to be the only thing that makes my skin feel better now.

2 comments:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

That is why I stick to spandex. Bodyglide baby.. LOL about the legs, I have the same issue on volleyball nights in the winter I dont shave as often so I forget

Jen Feeny said...

LMAO! I know all about Fire Crotch and for both reasons! LOL!