Monday, September 6, 2010

PR (I think...)

Not "officially" but my time according to Garmi was about 2 minutes faster than my chip time. (I stop my timer when I stop at the bathroom). But my official time was 2 hours, 50 minutes and 44 seconds. E completed his FIRST half marathon. He "beat" me despite the fact that we had the exact same time. I am so proud of him since he had only run 6 miles last October and he regularly runs only 3 miles. For him to pound out 13.1 miles at my side was incredible!

Sorry Disneyland, but DisneyWorld has a hand over you when it comes to a half marathon. The start line was not nearly exciting as it was in DW for the Princess Half. I was proud to hear the man singing the National Anthem, he was a member of a CG unit that is similar to the one E used to belong to. He did an AMAZING job and brought tears to my eyes and chills to my spine. E and I were in Corral C and started around 6:15 am. The sun was just starting to come up.

We ran around the outside of California Adventure to start and then circled around to come into California Adventure. It was so pretty. The water fountains were glowing multi-colors. We ran through the park and over to DisneyLand. Coming into the main gate we ran down Main Street to Sleeping Beauty's castle. Sadly after about mile 5 the course got pretty boring taking us through the industrial area of Anaheim.
Mile 9 got a little exciting as we got to run INTO the Anaheim Angels stadium! We came in on the right field and ran along the dugouts to leave on left field. Talk about an AWESOME experience!!!

Mile 10-11.5 was difficult for E. (really? I have no idea why:) ) But he pulled through like a champ to finish the last mile STRONG. At Mile 13 I grabbed his hand and we crossed the finish line together! We even had a celebratory kiss right before we received our medals. Since I had done the Princess Half I also got the "Coast to Coast Challege" medal. WOW!!! Talk about bling!

My BF that was supposed to run with us, but got an injury called out our name from the sidelines. She was watching CB and her little men. P's husband had finished right behind us so were were able to meet up together. After some pictures we went back to the hotel to take a nap. 3 hours later we were back at California Adventure.

I loved running with E, and I am so proud of him. For someone who doesn't do long runs on a regular basis he did great! Can't wait for October to do it again!!!

No comments: