Thursday, September 30, 2010

First Date

I discovered when I started running that my shoes were my new best friend. The idea of not having pain in my feet, legs and back never occurred to me until I slipped on those Saucony ProGrids....and it felt like my feet were given giant bear hugs. They have carried me across 3 finish lines. But like so many good relationships, things changed. The miles were added up and it was time to retire those wonderful and comfortable shoes. Unfortunately the new model were too different, awkward. So I bought the Asics Landreaths.

Tuesday my new shoes and I had a first date. They are different, and I am still not sure how I feel about them. We logged 3 miles due to time. Maybe had we had a little more time together I would be thinking these new shoes were a sure deal, but at the moment I am not yet sure.

To make matters worse, mommy guilt kicked in. CB had dance class. She normally has no idea when I am watching and when I am not watching. This time I decided I would drop her off, then go for a quick run while she was in class so I could spend time with her later. Of course as my luck would have it....about a block into my run she realized I wasn't there and had a meltdown. Her teacher was great, and when I got back CB was finally calmed down. I felt HORRIBLE!

This afternoon will be my second date, and I am hoping we get along a little better. Maybe I am just not a big fan of change? Or maybe these shoes just aren't for me. All I know is that I need to make sure that the shoes I wear feel like they are made for me!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I'm about to have a shoe change myself. I've been running in Brooks, but tried some Sauconys that were like running on clouds. BUT the Brooks still feel more "natural" (although less "squishy") so I'm going with them