Tuesday, April 20, 2010

One of my Heroes

My emotions are all over the place. 

"I don't have time to worry about the things that could happen. I am too busy thinking of all the happy things that have happened."  -Luke Jensen

In June, when I run in the marathon, Luke will be one of the heroes that I will be running in honor of. Right now he is fighting for his life. The cancer has returned. He and his family are looking for HOPE that this awful disease won't win. Despite the cancer, this family continues to maintain their strength and faith to live each moment to its fullest. They show amazing courage through this journey. 

I HATE that this family is not the only one that is facing this right now. It makes me angry knowing that a disease can ruin the life of others. I want to make this family proud, and the others I am running for in June. Please, keep Luke in your prayers as well as the others that are listed on the side. 

I am still $1200 from my fundraising minimum, I want to raise even more that the minimum. If you are able to donate, please do. If you know anyone that would be interesting in supporting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, forward this on. Visit my findraising site at http://pages.teamintraining.org/or/rnrseatl10/mmosso.

What Cancer Cannot Do
It cannot cripple Love
It cannot shatter Hope
It cannot corrode Faith
It cannot destroy Peace
It cannot kill Friendship
It cannot suppress Memories
It cannot silence Courage
It cannot invade the Soul
It cannot steal Eternal Life
It cannot conquer the Spirit.
-Author Unknown

No comments: