Tuesday, October 13, 2009

One Sad Lonely Mile

Yesterday I got an odd opportunity at work. We had a lull of about three hours with only 2 patients coming out and five nurses. I really wanted to get a run in, so I offered to leave for a few hours and come back when the upswing of patients occurred. The gym we belong to is only 10 minutes away so I headed down there for a workout. I was a little tired, but I figured the run would wake me up. Not so much. I got about 3/4 mile down and started thinking "there is no way I can do this." So I slowed my pace down to 4.8 mph (I have been running 5.6-6 mph). At the mile mark my body just couldn't do it anymore. I had to slow to a 4 mph walk. So I walked for another mile. I felt like poo!

After showering I headed back to work, and it was all downhill from there. Now I am sitting at home with a chest on fire and a throbbing head. I haven't had a chest cold this bad in a long time. This body has to heal! Eric and I are having LASIX eye surgery on Tuesday and then we have our 1oK on Sunday next week. At least next weekend I will have Eric running the 10K with me, so our pace will keep each other going!!

No comments: