Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I'm Back

I never thought that taking a week and a half break from running would do me good. It was the BEST thing that I have ever done for my body. My body was so incredibly burnt out, and being stubborn doesn't help so I continued to push it and my body finally said "ENOUGH!!!" With a 5 miler set for today I was a little scared, but the moment my feet hit the track it felt soooo good! I NEEDED that break to get back my running mojo back.

We did a half mile warm-up, then hit Terwilliger Blvd. For those not in the Portland area, it means "Pill Hill" a steep hill that goes up, up, up and more up. (The best part is the down, down, down....) I ran a 10.2 min/mile of descent hill work. It felt great! My body felt great while running again. Another 5-6 miles tomorrow. Oh I am so happy to be back!

1 comment:

E. said...

I am so proud of you baby!