Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thankful

I am thankful for SO many things! This is my favorite season of the year....I love Thanksgiving. Not only are the colors outside beautiful (if even only for a few days!) but it is usually more calming than the hectic Christmas season. Thanksgiving has giving me MANY memories that continue to come around each family get together. Thanksgiving has always been a "fight free" day in the eyes of my mom. This "restriction" itself led to some interesting discussions, but never any fights....usually laughs were plentiful. So in the spirit of the season, here are a few things I am thankful for!


I am thankful for my LEGS! Yes, they are thunder thighs, but in a GOOD way. Strong, muscular and full of energy, just like thunder. By the years end these legs will have complete TWO full marathons and THREE half marathons as well as a variety of smaller races. These legs will have gone (hopefully) over 1000 miles.

I am thankful for THE SUPPORT OF MY HUSBAND. Without him, I wouldn't be able to train, fundraise and complete my races. Seeing him at the finish line of the Seattle Rock n Roll Marathon with tears in his eyes brought tears to mine. Hopefully he knows what his support has meant to me.

I am thankful for MUNCHKIN. Nothing pushes me further than her smile and admiration. 20 miles into the marathon and I got to run WITH her! Pride overflows when I hear her say that she wants to run "like mama." Having her see me finish a race brings me such happiness. Someday I can't wait to either finish with her or watch her finish.

I am thankful for MY PARENTS. Their continued support in so many ways reminds me of what being a family is about. Unconditional support and strength. Mom has been at all but one race this year, and it has meant so much to me. They are always willing to help out and watch CB when needed.

I am thankful for WONDERFUL FRIENDS AND FAMILY. They have supported my efforts with fundraising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. They have given an outpouring of support both mental and emotional.

Hopefully there are many things you are thankful for this holiday season!

No comments: