Monday, October 11, 2010

Inagural Eugene Race for the Cure

Living in the PNW I have gotten used to activities in the rain. Today was the Inaugural Eugene Race for the Cure. A few weeks ago mom, CB, Tanya and I signed up for the race. Little did we know what today would bring! Yesterday we scoured the mall for some matching pink long sleeved shirts to go under our t-shirts. Then it was to the hotel for a girl's night! We were hit the swimming pool only to be disappointed that the hot tub was closed for maintenance. BOO!

Tanya was a great, she read two books as CB fought the sleep. CB fell asleep, T and I decided to get some brew from the mini mart. YUM! I love Pyramid Apricot Ale. I am not a big drinker, so I have most of it left in the fridge now. We painted our nails, pink of course! And chatted about T's upcoming wedding. I am so excited because after trying to "scare" me with the idea of pink and orange dresses.....she asked me if I would be one of her bridesmaids! OF COURSE I would. T really is like a sister to me. She then reassured me that it won't be a pink or orange dress that I would be wearing.

Sunday morning we were awoken by a little munchkin ready  to race. We looked outside and sure enough, the sky was filled with liquid sunshine! After breakfast, some coffee and a mile trek to the race start (CB wanted to run to the start) it was RAINING! The course was not very well laid out (the runners crossed through the walkers at the start of the race to get to the finish). After we started CB wanted to go back to the car. So we gave her some piggy back rides and decided we were only going to the 1 mile walk.

So as we get closer to the finish line CB and I started running, and we were finishing with the runners. Needless to say, I was disappointed I didn't have the "fantastic finish" but it just wasn't in the cards. We were drenched...cotton is rotten! I did get my run in though after to get the car so munchkin wouldn't get much more wet.





6 days until the Girlfriend's Half Marathon! I can't wait :)

No comments: