Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday Madness

While on my 4-miler today I started thinking about what I had been experiencing on my runs. Mostly they were good things, but then I was almost run off the road. In my neighborhood the only place to run is on the road, rural roads. I am always careful by running against traffic, during the day and keep my iPod volume down. But sure enough, on every run I go on I experience the same thing....multiple times.

Is there a reason that vehicles need to speed UP when they see someone on the road? Or they don't move over to keep a safe distance? Today it happened at least 5 or 6 times. Thankfully most people are kind and slow down and move over, but it is those others that scare me. I see it happen when others are running on the road, or biking. It just re-itterates the fact that I need to constantly pay attention to my surroundings.

It then made me think about what others experience that makes them mad while they are running? So what irks your tater while running?

No comments: