Sunday, August 1, 2010

Inspiration?

When I started running, I did it for myself. I didn't run to impress or make someone else happy. Little did I imagine that it would inspire anyone. In the past few weeks I have had about 5 or 6 people tell me that I inspired them to start running. I never imagined this.

Yesterday my cousin and his wife called to tell me that as of today they are quitting smoking and will start working out so that next June they can join me in Seattle running the Rock n Roll Marathon. They told me that I inspired them to do it. My cousin said he almost cried watching me cross the finish line. I am so excited for them!

It makes me feel even more proud to know that there are people out there that are beginning to try something that they never thought they could do before. I can't wait to cheer others on as they reach goals that they are starting to obtain. So if you have a goal, reach for it. "Shoot for the moon, because even if you miss you will still be among the stars!"

No comments: