Sunday, April 3, 2011

Running Naked

Get your head out of the gutter! I ran today without Garmi and without my iPod. Both of which decided to run out of juice before I started on my run. It felt invigorating listening to only my thoughts and nature around me. Of course I am pretty sure that I would not be able to do that with every run, but every once in a while I think this would be great.

I ran about 3 miles (since Garmi didn't join me I don't know for sure). Since the last run I did was a few weeks ago, I figured this was a good distance to start with. With the stress I have experienced in the last two weeks, I was able to let go. My mind was clear, and I felt free. I have been trying to meditate these past few days, but my mind just will not empty. I can't meditate like a "normal" person, running is my meditation. It has become where my mind, body and spirit are all able to free itself. I feel good while running, no matter what else is going on.


This week the little one is with the grandparents, so I am going to use this week to refocus on my running and finding my inner runner again.

No comments: