Sunday, December 20, 2009

Running Through the Night

We are registered to run in the First Run, a 5K in Downtown Portland on New Years Eve. It sounds like a fun race. There will be a pre-race party starting at 10 pm and then the race starts at midnight. So not only will I get to do a race to bring in 2010....I will get to do a race with the person I love the most! I haven't run at night in a long time, so this should make it interesting.

As far as other running goes, I haven't done a whole lot of that. With the weather (single digit temps, ice) and a busy work week, I haven't had the time to get outside, and I feel so much better running outside. On Friday afternoon we took the pup for a walk and I got antsy to run. I took his leash and we jogged up the hill and turned back and ran back to Eric and CB. After a few times, CB wanted to "switch". I thought she meant she just wanted to hold my hand, no....she wanted to jog WITH me! That's my girl! Well the jogging helped, Little Man was worn out when got back.

On a whole other note....as of this moment in time (drumroll starting......) since February I have lost 36 pounds! Just a little over two months until the Princess Half, gotta get back into the training!